Saturday, July 23, 2016

The Joy of Poetry

I have to admit, there has been a long lapse in my life since I have written poetry. But tonight, I felt a need to revisit a place that has always brought me great joy.  I hope you enjoy my interlude of the rhyming word and perhaps you, too, will revisit a beautiful part of our literary world.

Please, put down the hate
And pick up the love.
If you are faltering,
Seek the one above.

We all struggle.
We all feel pain.
No matter our color
We feel hurt the same.

The words spewed
Without thought
Leave us angered
We are all distraught.

If I were you
And you were me
Losing a loved one
We don’t feel differently.

 I hear the pain
That breaks in your voice
And I hope together
We can break through the noise.

That children are children
And all our hearts shatter
When a life is lost
Because every life matters.

Please put down the hate
And pick up the love
If you are faltering
Seek the one above.

Discuss what hurts
Talk about anger
Talk about subjects
And thoughts that matter.

We all have a voice
We all have a place
Let’s discuss our differences
Face to face.

We can do this
We can move forward
Our country has always
Moved upward and onward.

Civility and dignity
Must find its place
So we can continue
To be THE UNITED STATES!

So one last time
With a heart open wide,
Together we can close
This expanding divide.

Please put down the hate
And pick up the love,
If you are faltering
Seek the one above.

Because in the end
I love you and you love me,
And that is the way
We were intended to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment